Sunday, January 3, 2010

I see your true colours shining through!

Before I even start writing this, I want to put emphasis on the fact that I am NOT a racist. Okay cool :)

Races & their characteristics.
I don't understand.

It doesn't matter if you believe that we evolved from apes or that Adam & Eve are the ones who populated the planet. How did we come to be white, black, asian, brown, etc? Why do asians have smaller eyes and blacks (generally) a flatter nose? (Insert stereotype of white vs. black male parts here). I don't get it!

What I do understand is that some people are a certain colour because of the climate in which they live. For example, it would make sense that people who live in the south naturally have a darker skin tone, but how the hell do people get 'yellow'? Wouldn't it make sense if we were all one race, with different tones?

Let's say you believe in the religious evolution, that Adam & Eve started it all. If they were white, wouldn't we all be white? Or if they were black, wouldn't we all be black? Wouldn't it scare you a little if your child came out a completely different colour than you were? And if you believe that we evolved from apes, same thing!

I know I'm rambling, but this whole thought just came through my head a few weeks ago, and I wanted to know if anyone knows the answer?

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment