Saturday, April 2, 2011

What does it mean to grow up?

I realized tonight, that I'm a point in my life where I feel I am grown up.

Standing at 5'4, with 20 years of life behind me, it is now that I am completely independent.

From this point on, I will no longer be "going home" to Ottawa, because home doesn't technically exist for me anymore. I don't need my mom and dad to cook me dinner, pay my bills, or hold my hand through a difficult situation. I don't need a familiar room in what I used to call my house.

I am what completely makes up my person, my identity, my life.

Though it's slightly scary, it's a good feeling.
I don't need anybody to rely on, and nobody needs to rely on me.

Because after all.. Me, myself and I, that's all I got in the end!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for you :) I wish I could say that for myself. Have a good weekend pretty.

    ReplyDelete