Sunday, June 13, 2010

Burk's Falls, Ontario

Is where I spent my weekend.

A bunch of RA's [Resident Assistants] from residence met up at one of their cottages on Friday evening, and spent the weekend there. It was exactly what I needed, to get away.

It started with me rushing home after work at 1pm on Friday to shower, then Matt and I took off at around 2. The drive was about five hours long, but we got to drive through Algonquin Park, and oh my goodness, it was amazing. Every five minutes, we would pass by another gorgeous lake. There were so many beautiful trees and birds. It was awesome.

We got there, opened up our first drinks, and waited for everyone else to arrive. Then we made dinner, drank some more and went swimming in the FREEZING cold lake. I'm pretty sure that's when my cold started. In total, I think I sneezed about 60 times in those two and a half days.. I don't think that's normal. Haha.

On Saturday, we made a HUGE breakfast, went out in the boat, and went tubing. I don't know if you've ever been tubing, but it's probably the best thing to do at a cottage. So much fun. Then all 9 of us took a long nap, woke up and made dinner, then sat out by the fire until we all got tired and cold.

All in all, it was a relaxing weekend and I'm so happy that I decided to go.

Apart from that, I decided to change my blog layout, and I'm not sure if I like it yet. I feel as though my picture should be longer, but oh well.

Sunflowers remind me of positivity because they're so bright and pretty. Plus the blue sky reminds me that not every day is a shitty storm.

Anyways, I'm pretty tired, so I think I'm going to snuggle up with a book until I fall asleep.

Goodnight!

Love.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! So glad to hear you had an amazing weekend, sounds like it was well deserved. I hope everything is good. Love you xo

    ReplyDelete